Friday, May 6, 2011

There's a reason why Friday is my favorite day of the week







It's Friday morning and I'm thinking it's just another normal morning. I am sleeping in, and all the sudden my bedroom door opens, and I sleepily roll over, and see my boyfriend walk in. I am totally confused but super happy as he hands me a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and says good morning. I'm all like what are you doing, and he was all we've had a good week, so i thought i'd make you breakfast in bed to end a good week and jumpstart another good one. I thought it was super cute! First we had both our favorite fresh fruit, pineapple and strawberries. Let me just say, so yummy! Then he was all I made some french toast too. I was majorly impressed to say the least. After we finished the french toast, he was all there's one more thing, some drink that I read is supposed to be good to drink after you eat french toast. I was of course a bit skeptical, but waited patiently in bed as he went to get it. He comes in with two plates that were covered. He told me to sit up, close my eyes and hold one of the plates. He then goes on to explain how much I mean to him, using analogies of the different foods we ate and the gospel. I start to tear up a little as i realize what might be happening. After a few minutes, he tells me to open my eyes and he pulls the cover off the plate. I start crying as I see a ring box and gorgeous flowers. He then looks at me and asks me if i'll marry him, I of course say yes, and continue to cry!!! It was a perfect moment. Remembering the drink, I ask what about that drink, and he hands me a mug and i drink it, and i'm like water? He is all to help you calm down! Now i can't stop smiling or looking at my very sparkly ring :)

4 comments:

  1. Aw! I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck with all the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. kewl lauren! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!!! Congrats girl! Picture of the ring????!!!

    ReplyDelete